Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Scents of Italy

My favorite perfume is called "Tuscany,"  by Estee Lauder.  Why are you not surprised?  I also have one that I wear in the evening called "Sicily," by Dolce & Gabbana.   And next time I am in Florence I am headed back to:


Officina Profumo Farmaceutica di S.M. Novella  Via della Scala, 16
Founded officially in 1612 (although actually dating back to 1221 at the arrival of the Dominican friars in Florence), the Officina is one of the world's oldest pharmacies. Its halls showcase a vast range of preparations and products, including perfumes, essences, soaps, unguents, spirits, balsams, colognes, aromatic vinegars, and liqueurs, all still made in accordance with the ancient formulas. But that's not all: the beautifully frescoed rooms of the Officina are a veritable museum of original furnishings and the ancient tools of the pharmaceutical trade.

Do you have a favorite scent connected with Italy?

No comments:

Post a Comment